Saturday, July 14, 2007

Finally!

Yes, I am still alive! After over a month I finally found an Internet Cafe, located just an hour from my little village. Things are going well! My host family is awesome and I plan on staying with them the next year. I saw a chicken get killed and yesterday I saw them take a rabbit out back, only to return without a head. mmmm. I really don't know how I spend my days, but I never seem to have enough time, even in the middle of nowhere. I study a lot bc no one in my village speaks English. And i play with my 14 year old host sister, Nastia. I think she has come to view me as some sort of toy - yesterday was Uno for an hour, then we drew pictures, did handclaps, and played games on my computer. I finally got some free time to go for my run. I run as much as possible bc my family feeds me so much! Yesterday at dinner was a special treat - no,not the rabbit, but a huge tub of mayo! I actually thought it was ice cream at first, but no, they just at the mayo with
spoons. I declined. My host mom, Ena, laughs when I tell her it's too much food and says, "your mom won't recognize you in two years!" And so I run a lot, each trying to outrun children chasing me and looking out for the renegade geese, of which there are many. I also go to the beach, a 5 km walk from my house. It has huge cliffs and few people - really beautiful. I do have an address, but i forgot it today! Though I need to test in anyway to make sure it works, so next time I'll send that out. You can still write letters to teh address posted on this blog - PC sends them to us every few weeks. What else - i had so much to say but now I can't think of anything. I hope you are all well - Launchpad (he owns the entire set of DVDs for Ducktails) is going to be posting more on my blog soon - thanks Launchpad! eek



____________________________________________________________________________________
The fish are biting.
Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

1 comment:

Tedi said...

Hey Ems,
I'm happy to hear that you are beginning to assimilate to your new surroundings. Though the geese and mayo tubs made me raise an eyebrow. Poor Emily, hehe. I just had some friends stay with me over the weekend and they're my first guests at my new place. Hopefully you'll come to visit Boston when you return from P.C.

So, I suppose you got the pictures from our recent vacation. Really great time traveling around Western Canada and riding the ferries and eating the eggs benedict.

By the way, the beach sounds amazing. I want to see some more pictures soon.

Take care.
Love you!

Tedi