Saturday, June 9, 2007

Last week

A week and a half until i leave for my new site! This past week my group and i held a three day summer camp and community project. Both were awesome! For the project we worked with administration and the local art school to get a huge mural painted on a city wall. And i got to spary paint a wall - cool. One more week and them my final language test. I am just settling in here and it is already time to go! I'll post more pics next week.



____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.
http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's EEK's birthday on June 10th! Yay! Wow... yet ANOTHER birthday when you aren't home. Hope all is well and that you get some non-fried food for your 27th. Or at least some sand toys and buckets to build sand castles full of Ocracoke water! -SS

Anonymous said...

Emily-
Happy 27th Birthday...you're so old. HA HA! I hope the b-day party you hosted for yourself went well. Were the chickens alive or already dead? Did you make some veggie platters and fruit spreads or was it typical fried food. I feel your pain. NO WAY could I do that. Hope you have an awesome b-day and it sounds like you are going to have an incredible year(s). I'm sending you something to the address on your blog. Be looking.
Chizawnee

Tedi said...

Dude... it was your Birthday?? I totally spaced out. Well, Happy Belated Birthday Ems. I miss you! That last entry made me want to cry - at work. How embarassing. Anyway, be brave little one. You've already experienced so much you'll soon be able to flawlessly maneuver around the Eastern European mentality. I know there are a lot of silly wife's tales, like, don't sit on a cold rock or you won't be able to have babies, or the fatal fear of DRAFTS, etc. Frankly, I don't know who came up with this stuff. My Mom still believes some of it and I just laugh at her. I hope your transition to your new, permanent site is a good one. Hopefully we won't be too disconnected from you since I don't know what your internet situation will be like but I'm looking forward to some more entries...on the edge!

LOVE YOU!!
Hugs,
Tedi