INVITE!
When I used to tell people that i was nominated for the South Pacifics, i would most often follow that up with, "but they might send me to the Ukraine - who knows!" I used the Ukraine as a kind of extreme on the other end of the South Pacific spectrum. It seemed like something completely opposite of my nomination.
Even after my nomination I knew there would be a good chance that i wouldn't actually end up there. The programs there didn't seem to have any NGOs and it didn't seem like they were sending a lot of people there. So when my placement officer called with an assignment in Eastern Europe, i wasn't too surprised. After a day of thinking it over, i accepted the placement very excited, but not knowing what country i would get.
I was really sending vibes for one of the more southern countries because i hate the cold and i figured they would be a little warmer, but wouldn't you know it! I'm invited to the Ukraine! I'm actually really excited about this! The more i read (how could i possibly get any work done today!) the more excited i am (obviously, by all of the exclamation points i am using!!) I will be leaving March 25 and will be working in NGO advising. I have 10 days to officially accept, but have no doubt that i will.
eeeeeeeeeeee!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment