made it to the hotel. I ended up giving up on the
shuttle and just getting a cab. The day was spend
learning about policies and procedures and the Peace
Corps in general. There are definetely a lot of ways
to get kicked out. After the day of lectures a bunch
of us went out to get Indian food. We learned that the
Ukrainian language sounds pretty cool with an Italian
accent. After that we went out for some beer and I
came in early bc I was so tired from packing all day
yesterday.
The other trainees are really cool. It is a really
diverse group aged 22-mid 50s and from all walks of
life. Many have lived overseas for some time and a
ton of them just graduated last May. There are about
70 of us, and everyone is either NGO development,
business development or youth development. The NGO
group is pretty big and is mostly the older
volunteers. I have found only one younger than me,
Megan from Michigan.
Also, I think my car sold! A couple came to look
yesterday and my mom called today to say they bought
it! Thanks mom and dad!
Anyway, one more day tomorrow and then off to Ukraine!
I can't believe it.
____________________________________________________________________________________
No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
2 comments:
See I'm reading your blog...aren't you proud? :) Have a safe flight to the Ukraine!!!!! -VERNY
awe! thanks, verny
tex
Post a Comment