Tuesday, February 20, 2007


33 Days - SH*#!


I've been meaning to post for days! Though no one is reading this yet anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. After my last post I went on a shopping spree to buy everything i've put off buying since June. Then I took everything back and got different things. I've done that about 4 times now. I was kind of looking forward to the bathing suit and grass skirts of the pacific islands. Instead it's all business in Ukraine - I even have to bring a suit.

In addition to packing there are the forms - power of attorney, student loan deferrels, absentee ballots - my taxes. There is the research on the history and culture of Ukraine. And the most dreaded, the language studying! Someone from my group mentioned they were "having fun" translating the Ukraine songs that were sent to us. Where do they get the time! I am starting to think I should have left work earlier than March 9.

The people in my group seem really nice and talented. I found a yahoo group that has about 65 people in it. It seems like a lot of them got invited back in November. I have only found about 5 other NGO people - and they seem really experienced. I'm a little nervous about not having enough experience.

It's hard to say how I'm feeling at this point. I think stressed out covers it pretty well. But I'm really excited, overwhelmed, anxious and ready to start this at the same time.

I'm going to a Peace Corps send off tonight. One day closer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I read your blog!

emily said...

Yeah! You are the first one!